Sunday, February 26, 2012

Following a Call...


Where to begin? Well, for a very long time I have been struggling with the idea of going back to Cambodia. As most of you know, I graduate in May, and hope to start grad. school sometime within the next year. Last semester I decided that I was not going to go back to Cambodia, and I’m not going to lie…it was something that I had a really hard time with. After going to Cambodia last year I had created this plan where I was going to go to Cambodia long-term. Well, that didn’t work out. And I took that as a sign, that I was not meant to go back to the country at all. Well, this brings me to the reason I am writing you all. This past week I just couldn’t seem to get Cambodia off my mind. I broke down a handful of times because I was so confused as to what I was supposed to this summer. My school is going back to Cambodia from May 5-28. There, they will not only be teaching at the school and orphanage that I’ve been going to for the past two years, but they are also going to teach English in other parts of Cambodia. So, after seeking a lot of guidance, and talking to many people I’ve decided to give it a shot. I can’t get my mind or heart off of my kids. If I do go this summer, it will be the last time I go for a long while. I need to raise a total of $2,500 to go for the three weeks. But if the kicker is, I can only go on the trip if I raise $1,600 by March 15. This is all scary and exciting for me at the same time! The last time I went to Cambodia, as many of you know, I got Dengue Fever and almost died. I’m not being stupid in trying to get back to Cambodia. I truly believe in my heart that the sickness I developed in Cambodia was to hinder me from trying to do any good in this world. After a lot of prayer I feel completely confident that God knows what He’s doing in this. If you can, please prayerfully consider donating money to my last Missions trip to Cambodia with Southeastern University. I now with our economy right now it’s going to be very difficult to raise all this money. Everywhere I look there is a need, and I’m called to help those near me, no matter where I am: whether that be in the US or overseas, everyone deserves a chance at a better life. But I can’t turn my back on these kids, and most of all- I need to make sure that the new students (and the whole team is made up new students) develop the same passion and love for Cambodia that I have so that even after I graduate, Southeastern students are continuing to go back to the beautiful country. I would deeply appreciate it if you would consider giving. All checks can be made out to Nicolle Wargo and sent to: Nicolle Wargo 1000 Longfellow Blvd #1916 Lakeland, FL 33801

No comments:

Post a Comment