Thursday, March 29, 2012

Almost. There!

Wow! I'm still in awe, and completely shocked. In about 37 days (I think that's it) I'll be in Cambodia! I've gone to the last 2 team meeting, and let me just say: this year is going to be mind-blowing. The team is completely different, and what we're going to be doing is completely different, I'm very happy that I have the chance to be a part of it :)

With that being said, I'm still raising money...I'll be raising support until mid April, so if you are still interested in helping, you can either mail me cash, or a check (made out to Southeastern University), or you can send me money over PayPal (e-mail me at newargo@seu.edu for the info.). I know that there are still people on my team that don't have plane tickets and my prayer right now is that I will raise extra money so that I can give what I have leftover to them. So please, pray for the team as a whole that we will be able to raise the funds that we need. Not only that, but we're going to need school supplies to bring over to teach. We're going to need everything for construction paper (tons of it- we going through paper like crazy), pencils, erasers, stickers, scissors, tape, note card: anything you can think of, we need! Especially prizes for the kids. Last year, we were given simple erasers to go the ends of pencils, they came in various colors and we handed them out the the kids- you would've thought that we had given them a million dollars! Who knew someones face could light up so much at the sight of an eraser?

Well, I'm rambling...sorry about that! But those are my thoughts for the day. Thank you for your support, prayers, thoughts and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment